Individual Support is available for young people aged 10 - 25 in the City of Monash. The service is free and confidential offering support, information and referral. MYS prioritises individual support for young people exploring their sexuality or for those who identify as LGBTIQA+.
Reasons that people will want to speak to a youth worker are:
- Having a hard time in school/bullying
- Self esteem and confidence issues
- Feeling anxious or stressed
- Work on ways to help you deal with your problems
- Concerned with your own or someone else's drug or alcohol use
- Feeling down or depressed
- Difficulties with friends or family
- Want to talk about your sexuality
- Not sure where else to go for help
To contact MYS for information or support you can email one of our intake workers directly at YRCR@monash.vic.gov.au, call us on 9518 3900 or in person at 14 Bogong Avenue, Glen Waverley, Monday – Friday; 9:00am to 5:00pm.